Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vauxhall Afteroon


This is a communal cafe, vegan of course, and members of the co-op, as I understand it take turns in the kitchen and serving. When I backtracked to find my lost my glasses, I stopped in and we chatted a little. Clearly this is not just about food but about creating an egalitarian center for the area. Something that is not about profit or tax dollars.

I have every intention of going back to eat there some day but as Frost says, " ...oh, i kept the first for another day- but knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back."





This billboard is an advert for a wonderful singer-song writer. How I wish I was too old for emo-angst but it has me in its clutches still! I took a couple shots of this sign--- one was almost premonitory.

The surprise of the afternoon was finding a farm right there in the middle of the city. Two white goats butting heads. Hen following after rooster. Pigs rutting contentedly. Beer with lunch, a great walk-- and a few moments in a secret garden. Unforgettable.




This is a view from the north bank of the Thames looking to the south. There are far more dramatic shots to be seen but this has the look if everyday normalcy which is in and of itself, extraordinary.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: